Many wonderful articles on our Orthodox Christian Faith and practice that were originally published in our parish Newsletter now are available on our "Newsletters and Articles" page.
Please also see the wonderful section on Orthodoxy* on the main site of the Orthodox Church in America.
The holy Church offers Orthodox Christians a period of preparation for the Great Lent, which itself is a period of fasting and prayer in preparation for the celebration of the Feast of Feasts, that of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ: five Sundays that help us enter the frame of mind we need for the "joy-creating sorrow" of the Great Lent:
- The Sunday of Zaccheus
- The Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee
- The Sunday of the Prodigal Son
- The Sunday of the Last Judgment
- The Sunday of Forgiveness
During Lent, we are given precious teachings in the holy services of the Church. Here are a few excerpts from the Sunday services:
- The Sunday of Orthodoxy
- The Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas
- The Sunday of the Adoration of the Holy Cross
- The Sunday of Our Holy Father John of the Ladder
- The Sunday of Our Holy Mother mary of Egypt
- Palm Sunday
The Church offers us the opportunity to follow Christ in the Great and Holy days of Holy Week, His Passion, His burial, as we prepare for His glorious Resurrection.