Here are Father Christopher's most recent newsletters in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format:
Articles From Past Years' Newsletters
- The Nativity Sermon of St. John Chrysostom
- St Athanasius: “What was God to Do?” by Archimandrite Irenei Steenberg.
- Impulsivity, Addiction, And The Passions, by Hieromonk Alexis (Trader) from Mt. Athos.
- An Orthodox Understanding of Stewardship, by Benjamin D. Williams.
- A Union for the Kingdom, by Fr. Vasile Tudora.
- Building a Temple of God, by Archimandrite Gerasim Eliel.
- Saved in Weakness, by Fr. Stephen Freeman.
- The Blessing Of The Waters - A Perennial New Beginning, by Fr. Vasile Tudora
- The Nativity Fast – Why We Fast, by Fr. Stephen Freeman
- Overcoming Divisions, by Deacon Joshua Trant.
- The Jesus Prayer - Part 3, by Father Lev Gillet.
- The Jesus Prayer - Part 2, by Father Lev Gillet.
- The Jesus Prayer - Part 1, by Father Lev Gillet.
- Keeping the Joy of Pascha Alive - Thomas Sunday, by Father Christopher Foley.
- The Feast of Pascha is an Invitation to Illumination by Archbishop Irenaios of Crete.
- Great Lent: What Fasting, South Park and Your Inner Toddler Have in Common by David J. Dunn, Ph.D..
- A Christian Must Not Be Fanatical by Elder Paisios.
- Epiphany In Eastern and Western Christianity By Rev. George Dion. Dragas Ph.D., D.D..
"Christmas Hymns in the Orthodox Church," by Alexander A. Bogolepov
"The House of God: Homily on the Day of the Entry of the Theotokos into the Temple," St. John of Kronstadt
"October: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month," By Dennise Kraus
"The Most Beautiful Service of my Life," by Archimandrite Tikon (Shevkunov)
"Every Mystery and Every Virtue Is A Small Pentecost," by Saint Justin Popovich
"The Lord Descends into Hell," An Ancient Homily on Holy Saturday
"The Goal Of Lent: To See Christ As He Is," Archbishop Dmitri of blessed memory.
"The New Year: The Mystery of Time," Protopresbyter Alexander Schmemann
"Out of the Cradle (Christmas)," Fr. Philip Speranza
"Slip Sliding Away," Fr. Lawrence Farley.
"Orthodoxy and Politics," Rev. Priest Basil Biberdorf
"Prayer is the Currency of Change," Fr Kyrill Williams
"A Meditation on The Feast of Pentecost," Archpriest Andrew Morbey
"The Ascension of Our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ," Protopresbyter George Dion Dragas, PhD, DD, DTh
"Protopresbyter Alexander Schmemann: Two 'Nos' and One 'Yes,'" Fr. Thomas Hopko.
"Resolutions or Repentance?" Father Steven Kostoff
- "On the Nativity Fast: The Preparation of the Soul"
- "Matushka Olga Michael: A Helper in Restoring the Work of God’s Hands," By Fr. John Shimchick
- "Where Two or Three Are Gathered in My Name," Excerpted from: Father Arseny, 1893-1973: Priest, Prisoner, Spiritual Father : Being the Narratives Compiled by the Servant of God Alexander Concerning His Spiritual Father by Alexander Concerning His Spiritual Father.
- "Guarding The Thoughts, Guarding The Heart," by Hieromonk Calinic (Berger)
- "Rediscovering Mary at the Mall," by Matushka Deborah Belonick
- "From Despair to Dawn," by Matushka Jenny Schroedel
- "Man as Priest of Creation," by Rev. Christopher Foley
- "Resurrection Victory," by Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh
- "Take Up Your Cross and Follow Christ," by St. Innocent of Alaska
- "Some Reflections on Fasting," by John Boojamra
- "Human Personhood and the Value of Suffering," by His Beatitude, Metropolitan JONAH
- "Theophany: Salvation of the Cosmos," by V. Rev. Marcus Burch
- "The Holy Supper at Nativity." We have begun to incorporate this into our Nativity celebration at Holy Cross between the Vesperal Liturgy and the Nativity Vigil on Christmas Eve. This is a great way to solemnize this lenten meal together as a parish family.
- "Discourse On The Feast Of The Entry Of Our Most Pure Lady Theotokos Into The Holy Of Holies," by Saint Gregory Palamas, Archbishop of Thessalonica
- "Peacemaking and Conflict Resolution in the Church," by Fr. John Mefrige
- “'Cooking Theology' and the Cross," by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- "Tender Love and the Dormition," by Frederica Mathewes-Green.
- The Episcopal Assembly, and Beyond," by His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah.
- "Creativity and Tradition" His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah.
- "The Holy Marty St. Basil Martysz of Osceola Mills, Old Forge, PA, America and Canada and New-martyr of Poland," Written by Jaroslaw Charkiewicz, translated and edited by V. Rev. Michael Oleksa.
- "On Conciliarity, the Emperor and the Laity," by the V. Rev. Father Michael Oleksa.
- "The Nun Whose Monastery was the World," by Fr. Michael Plekon.
- "Irreconcilable Differences," by Fr. Richard Rene.
- "Hymns on the Nativity of Christ: Hymn 11," St. Ephraim the Syrian.
- "Cynicism and the Goodness of God," by Fr. Stephen Freeman.
- "What is So Orthodox at Thanksgiving?" by Fr. Joseph Allen.
- "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it," by Fr. Andrew Moore.
- "Let us Exalt the Cross Today," by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- "Glory to God in the Diocese of the South: Back to the Future," by Fr. Stephen Freeman.
- "55 Maxims of the Christian Life," by Fr. Thomas Hopko.
- Wisdom of the Holy Fathers: St. Nicodemos of the Holy Mountain.
- "The Feast of Pentecost", by Fr. Alexander Schmemann.
- "Myrrh is Fitting for the Dead", by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- "From the Depths of Hell", by the Very Rev. John Breck.
- "Fixing Our Inner GPS", by Fr. John Takahashi
- "Smart Marriage: How an Attitude of Entitlement Undermines Marriage", by Fr. George Morelli.
- "Sanctify the Waters", by the Very Rev. John Breck.
- Do Not Resent, Do Not React, Keep Inner Stillness Part II: So How Do We Do This? By Archimandrite (Bishop-elect, now his Eminence, Metropolitan) Jonah
- Do Not Resent, Do Not React, Keep Inner Stillness - Part I, by Archimandrite (Bishop-elect, now his Eminence, Metropolitan) Jonah
- Establishing a Daily Rule of Prayer, by Fr. Apostolos Hill, from the September, 2008 Newsletter.
- What Would Jesus Do? by Fr. Christopher Foley, from the August, 2008 Newsletter.
- A Personal God? by Fr. Steven Kostoff, from the July, 2008 Newsletter.
- The Feast of Pentecost, by Fr. Alexander Schmemann, from the June, 2008 Newsletter.
- Evangelism & Culture, by Fr. Michael J. Oleksa, from the June, 2008 Newsletter.
- Abiding in the Light of Pascha, by Fr. Christopher Foley, from the May, 2008 Newsletter.
- The Paschal Message of His Eminence, the Most Reverend DMITRI, Archbishop of Dallas and the South, from the May, 2008 Newsletter.
- Holy Week: Selections from Bridegroom Matins, by Fr. Christopher Foley, from the April, 2008 Newsletter.
- Archpastoral Message for the Great Fast 2008, by his Eminence, the Most Reverend DMITRI, Archbishop of Dallas and the South, from the March, 2008 Newsletter.
- Be Here Now: Stability as Virtue by Fr. Christopher Foley, from the February, 2008 Newsletter.
- Stewardship and the Gospel by Fr. Christopher Foley, from the January, 2008 Newsletter.
- Christ is Born, Glorify Him! An article about St. Gregory Nazianzen's Christmas homily, by Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev. From the December, 2007 Newsletter.
- The Silence of Christmas, by John Hays. This article is adapted from a “reflection” on a class taught by Dr. Al Rossi at St. Vladimir’s Seminary. The class dealt with silence and prayer.
- Bible and Liturgy, by the Very Rev. John Breck, from the October, 2007 Newsletter.
- On Keeping Vigil, by Father Christopher Foley, from the September, 2007 Newsletter.
- On Standing in Church, by the Very Rev. John Ealy, from the August, 2007 Newsletter.
- Sin, Sickness and Holy Unction, by Father Christopher Foley, from the June, 2007 Newsletter.
- Pentecost, by Father Thomas Hopko, from the May, 2007 Newsletter.
- Show Us Also Thy Glorious Resurrection!, by Father Christopher Foley, from the April, 2007 newsletter.
- Great and Holy Friday: the Cross, by Father Alexander Schmemann, from the March, 2007 newsletter.
- Some Thoughts on Prayer, by Father Christopher Foley, from the February, 2007 newsletter.
- An Introduction to Great Lent, by Father Alexander Schmemann, excerpted from his Great Lent with permission from the publishers, from the February, 2007 newsletter.
- Discourse on the Day of the Baptism of Christ, by St. John Chrysostom, from the January, 2007 newsletter.
- Archbishop Anastasios on Prayer, by the Very Rev. John Breck, from the January, 2007 newsletter.
- How We Worship - The Struggle of the American Experience, by Father Christopher Foley, from the December, 2006 Newsletter.
- Confession: Hospital or Courtroom?, by Father Christopher Foley, from the November, 2006 Newsletter.
- Preparation For Holy Communion, by Father Thomas Hopko, from the Orthodox Education Day Book October 7, 2000, quoted in the November, 2006 Newsletter.
- Worship in the Church: The Sanctification of Time, by Father Christopher Foley, from the October, 2006 Newsletter.
- "O Most Strange Wonder," a Homily on the Cross by Father Christopher Foley, from the September, 2006 Newsletter.
- On Fasting, by Father Christopher Foley, from the August, 2006 Newsletter.