Newsletters and Articles
Here are Father Christopher's most recent newsletters in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format:
Articles From Past Years' Newsletters
- "Out of the Cradle (Christmas)," Fr. Philip Speranza
- "Slip Sliding Away," Fr. Lawrence Farley.
- "Orthodoxy and Politics," Rev. Priest Basil Biberdorf
- "Spiritual Reading," Father Christopher Foley. The Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
- "Prayer is the Currency of Change," Fr Kyrill Williams
- "A Meditation on The Feast of Pentecost," Archpriest Andrew Morbey
- "The Ascension of Our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ," Protopresbyter George Dion Dragas, PhD, DD, DTh
- Homily on Holy Saturday: The Lord Descends into Hades St. Epiphanius, Bishop of Cyprus (403 A.D.)
- Homily: Christ Is Risen! St. Maximus, Bishop of Turin (467 A.D.)
- Archpastoral Message on the Beginning of Great Lent by His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah. Words from the Fathers on the Great Fast.
- "Protopresbyter Alexander Schmemann: Two 'Nos' and One 'Yes,'" Fr. Thomas Hopko.
- "Resolutions or Repentance?" Father Steven Kostoff
- "On the Nativity Fast: The Preparation of the Soul"
- "Matushka Olga Michael: A Helper in Restoring the Work of God’s Hands," By Fr. John Shimchick
- "Where Two or Three Are Gathered in My Name," Excerpted from: Father Arseny, 1893-1973: Priest, Prisoner, Spiritual Father : Being the Narratives Compiled by the Servant of God Alexander Concerning His Spiritual Father by Alexander Concerning His Spiritual Father.
- "Guarding The Thoughts, Guarding The Heart," by Hieromonk Calinic (Berger)
- "Rediscovering Mary at the Mall," by Matushka Deborah Belonick
- "From Despair to Dawn," by Matushka Jenny Schroedel
- "Man as Priest of Creation," by Rev. Christopher Foley
- "Resurrection Victory," by Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh
- "Take Up Your Cross and Follow Christ," by St. Innocent of Alaska
- "Some Reflections on Fasting," by John Boojamra
- "Human Personhood and the Value of Suffering," by His Beatitude, Metropolitan JONAH
- "Theophany: Salvation of the Cosmos," by V. Rev. Marcus Burch
- "The Holy Supper at Nativity." We have begun to incorporate this into our Nativity celebration at Holy Cross between the Vesperal Liturgy and the Nativity Vigil on Christmas Eve. This is a great way to solemnize this lenten meal together as a parish family.
- "Discourse On The Feast Of The Entry Of Our Most Pure Lady Theotokos Into The Holy Of Holies," by Saint Gregory Palamas, Archbishop of Thessalonica
- "Peacemaking and Conflict Resolution in the Church," by Fr. John Mefrige
- “'Cooking Theology' and the Cross," by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- "Tender Love and the Dormition," by Frederica Mathewes-Green.
- The Episcopal Assembly, and Beyond," by His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah.
- "Creativity and Tradition" His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah.
- "The Holy Marty St. Basil Martysz of Osceola Mills, Old Forge, PA, America and Canada and New-martyr of Poland," Written by Jaroslaw Charkiewicz, translated and edited by V. Rev. Michael Oleksa.
- "On Conciliarity, the Emperor and the Laity," by the V. Rev. Father Michael Oleksa.
- "The Nun Whose Monastery was the World," by Fr. Michael Plekon.
- "Irreconcilable Differences," by Fr. Richard Rene.
- "Hymns on the Nativity of Christ: Hymn 11," St. Ephraim the Syrian.
- "Cynicism and the Goodness of God," by Fr. Stephen Freeman.
- "What is So Orthodox at Thanksgiving?" by Fr. Joseph Allen.
- "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it," by Fr. Andrew Moore.
- "Let us Exalt the Cross Today," by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- "Glory to God in the Diocese of the South: Back to the Future," by Fr. Stephen Freeman.
- "55 Maxims of the Christian Life," by Fr. Thomas Hopko.
- Wisdom of the Holy Fathers: St. Nicodemos of the Holy Mountain.
- "The Feast of Pentecost", by Fr. Alexander Schmemann.
- "Myrrh is Fitting for the Dead", by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- "From the Depths of Hell", by the Very Rev. John Breck.
- "Fixing Our Inner GPS", by Fr. John Takahashi
- "Smart Marriage: How an Attitude of Entitlement Undermines Marriage", by Fr. George Morelli.
- "Sanctify the Waters", by the Very Rev. John Breck.
- Do Not Resent, Do Not React, Keep Inner Stillness, by Archimandrite (now his Eminence, Metropolitan) Jonah.
- Establishing a Daily Rule of Prayer, by Fr. Apostolos Hill.
- What Would Jesus Do? by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- A Personal God? by Fr. Steven Kostoff.
- The Feast of Pentecost, by Fr. Alexander Schmemann.
- Evangelism & Culture, by Fr. Michael J. Oleksa.
- Abiding in the Light of Pascha, by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- The Paschal Message of His Eminence, the
Most Reverend DMITRI, Archbishop of Dallas and the South.
- Holy Week: Selections from Bridegroom Matins, by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- Archpastoral Message for the Great Fast 2008, by his Eminence, the Most Reverend DMITRI, Archbishop of Dallas and the South, and "An Introduction to Great Lent".
- Be Here Now: Stability as Virtue by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- Stewardship and the Gospel by Fr. Christopher Foley.
- Christ is Born, Glorify Him! An article about St. Gregory Nazianzen's Christmas homily, by Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev.
- The Silence of Christmas, by John Hays. This article is adapted from a “reflection” on a class taught by Dr. Al Rossi at St. Vladimir’s Seminary. The class dealt with silence and prayer.
- Bible and Liturgy, by the Very Rev. John Breck.
- On Keeping Vigil, by Father Christopher Foley.
- On Standing in Church, by the Very Rev. John Ealy.
- Sin, Sickness and Holy Unction, by Father Christopher Foley.
- Pentecost, by Father Thomas Hopko.
- Show Us Also Thy Glorious Resurrection!, by Father Christopher Foley.
- Great and Holy Friday: the Cross, by Father Alexander Schmemann.
- Some Thoughts on Prayer, by Father Christopher Foley.
- An Introduction to Great Lent, by Father Alexander Schmemann, excerpted from his Great Lent with permission from the publishers.
- Discourse on the Day of the Baptism of Christ, by St. John Chrysostom.
- Archbishop Anastasios on Prayer, by the Very Rev. John Breck.