Our site is still in the process of redesign, and this section is not complete. Here are a few favorite links, however:
- The Orthodox Church in America (OCA) - this is our parent jurisdiction. The Orthodox Church in America traces its origins to the arrival in Kodiak, Alaska of eight Orthodox missionaries from the Valaamo Monastery in the northern Karelia region of Russia in 1794. Today, the Orthodox Church in America numbers some 700 parishes, missions, communities, monasteries, and institutions throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- The OCA offers a wonderful section on Orthodox Christianity that includes general information on the Orthodox Faith, questions and answers about Orthodoxy, the Orthodox Churches and more.
- Orthodox Christians believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God. One easy and very rewarding way even for very busy people to incorporate Bible reading into their day is to read the selections appointed for each day's services. There are two helpful resources on the OCA home page that make it easy and efficient:
- In a text box below the main photograph, toward the center of the page (see illustration at left), below the heading, "ALSO FEATURED TODAY ON OCA.ORG" is a link for "Today's Feasts and Saints". Clicking on that link will open a window with wonderful life stories, icons, and prayers (troparia and kontakia) for many saints commemorated for each day.
- In the same text box, clicking on the link, "Today's Scripture Readings" will take you to the Scripture readings appointed for each day.
- Prayers for Orthodox Christians is a collection of many types of prayers for daily prayer and also for many specific circumstances.
- The International Orthodox Christian Charities, Inc. (IOCC) was established in March 1992 as the official international humanitarian organization of the Standing Conference of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas (SCOBA).
- The Orthodox Christian Mission Center is the official international mission agency of the Standing Conference of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas (SCOBA), commissioned to proclaim the fullness of the Christian faith to all nations by establishing and nurturing vibrant, Eucharistic Orthodox Christian communities worldwide.
- Ancient Faith Radio is an Orthodox Christian media ministry, offering two 24-hour internet radio stations and a wide variety of on-demand podcasts and audio specials.
- Icon New Media Network through the use of new media (blogs, podcasts, video, etc.) aims to create environments where Orthodox Christians and those interested in this radical ancient faith can converse about and collaborate on resources that lead to a fuller understanding of Christianity. This is done by providing places for people to gather and communicate both online and offline about the relevance and necessity of our 2000-year-old Church.
- St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary is a graduate professional school that seeks to serve the Orthodox Church through theological education and scholarship. It educates future priests (our Priest, Father Christopher, is an alumnus) and church leaders and contributes directly to Orthodox theology through the scholarly activities of its faculty.